Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Summer By the Sea Quick and Easy



This little card was so easy to put together. It was created with stamp sets and supplies from Stampin' Up! Here is the supply list.

Stamps: Summer by the sea, Words of wisdom
Card Stock: Watercolor Paper, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Yoyo Yellow
Ink: black stazon and watercolor pencils
Accessories: Fiskar corner and embossing punch
Technique: watercolor

I stamped the Summer By the Sea images on water color paper and then trimmed the paper to a portable size. Then I packed these along with my watercolor pencils and aqua painter brushes into my carry on luggage for a flight to Ireland. This kept me busy during my down time and made the hours pass more quickly on the trip. Watercoloring is so pretty and easy to do if you use watercolor pencils and watercolor crayons. I prefer to use the Aqua Painters to blend the color. It is less messy and easy to control the amount of water on the paper. Just remember not to squeeze the pens very often to release the water and use a paper towel to absorb the extra moisture from the pen before placing it on the paper to blend. If you enjoy using the watercolor technique when you crop, then tell me about your experiences.

1 comment:

stampingranny said...

Hi Paula,
This is such a seet stamp, and your water coloring is wonderful! I wasn't as successful with the SU water color crayons and aqua fill brush as you. I just went back to my regular water color paints.

Thanks for visiting my blog, I custom made this template, I will post ASAP on "SIL" card, the size and score lines. Thanks for stopping by! Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin