Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Beaded Watches


Just a quick post to show you a couple of beaded watches that match the jewelry from earlier posts. These are simple designs that go together quickly. I made them to go with the Christmas season and find myself wearing them throughout the year. I prefer to work with small watch faces when I can get them because the weight of the face can cause the watch to slide around the wrist. Gravity really works and the heavier the face the more likely that it will not stay put on your wrist. I used stainless steel wire and crimp beads. The photo also shows two types of clasps that are available. The lobster claw clasp allows you to make the watch more fitted to the wrist while the toggle makes the watch act more like a bracelet and move more freely around the wrist. I also wanted to mention that if you wear the toggle watch with a sterling silver beaded bracelet mixed with a few glass beads on the same wrist that it is a real eye catcher. The beads catch the light while the two pieces move about your wrist! See how many watches you can come up with to match your wardrobe.

1 comment:

Angel Wilde said...

These are very pretty. I made a watch recently and fixed it so that you can interchange the bands. My friend loved it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin