Friday, August 3, 2007

Best Blossoms




This card was created using the shaving cream technique. It was very easy to make. Here's how.

1. Take a neutral 1.5 to 2 inch wide piece of card stock and stamp on it with the small floral stamp from the Stampin' Up! Best Blossoms stamp set using the Versamark watermark ink.

2. Next emboss the flowers with clear embossing powder.

3. Pump a layer of shaving cream onto a styrofoam plate and squirt several drops of lovely lilac, green galore and pixie pink classic refill ink randomly onto the cream.

4. Take a craft stick and swirl it through the shaving cream in a horizontal and then a vertical pattern but do not over mix.

5.Lay the embossed paper on the shaving cream and gently press so that the paper is coated.

6.Pull up the paper and wipe it off with a paper towel and let dry.

7.Take the leaf stamp from the Best Blossoms and stamp randomly onto pretty pink card stock, using a watermark stamp pad.

8.Fold the card and tear the bottom.

9.Stamp So Very with lovely lilac onto pretty in pink card stock. Then run the edge along the stamp pad and layer onto gable green card stock.

1o.Stamp loved onto a punched image of green galore card stock and attach with lavender ribbon.

11.Attach shaving cream card stock strip.

12.Add word strip and add floral embellishments.

4 comments:

stampingranny said...

Wonderful card! Nice to meet you! Come by and visit me soon on my blog! Deb

Debi said...

Hi Paula!

I'm so glad that Allison linked your blog today... I am a stamper/scrapper AND a beader, too! I was thrilled to see that you had earrings pictured! I am very anxious to learn to make ear wires... I'll keep checking back for your tutorial! Happy Crafting! Debi
http://debiblogspace.blogspot.com

jenn said...

Thanks for the "new to me" shaving cream with embossing technique. I must confess, I really am not a big fan of the shaving cream teachnique, but with the embossing, this may be a new favorite! Really adds a new look for my projects. Thanks for sharing!

Shayle Schamehorn said...

I never thought about Clear Embossing before doing this technique! Great idea. I love your Cards and Jewelry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin