I was stamping images from In the Spotlight stamp set for the wish random acts of kindness over at splitcoast stampers last week. Sometimes I have a few oopses and wind up with extra images so I put these to use on a card.
1. Cut a 8.5 x 11 inch piece of card stock down the middle at 4.25 inches and fold in half length wise.
2. Use 4 or 5 of the small floral stamps and stamp 1/4 sheet of bravo burgundy card stock with bravo burgundy ink or with watermark ink. This card was stamped with the burgundy ink but I think the watermark ink would give a better effect. Cut this piece in half to get your background piece.
3. Stamp the appropriate images on very vanilla card stock with bravo burgundy and sage shadow Using In the Spotlight, Totally Tabs and Sincere Salutations stamp sets.
4. Cut out the images, use a corner punch on the salutation and cut a 2 inch strip of vanilla card stock.
5. Use a border punch on the strip of vanilla and the right edge of the card. This one is a Fiskar punch. I used it because it mimics a similar shape as the Spotlight stamp set. Stamp it with the dot border and use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line things up evenly. Next glue on the stamped disks and tab at the top.
6. Glue a piece of vanilla grosgrain ribbon down the center of the background paper and attach to the front of the card. You can use Sticky Strip or Crystal Effects for this.
7. Next glitter the flowers using the 2-Way Glue Pen and dazzling diamonds glitter and let dry.
8. Roll the flower petals over a pencil to get some dimension. I should have done more of this. Glue the flowers and sentiment to the ribbon. I used the crystal effects because it is difficult to get glue things to ribbon.
9. Glue down the vanilla strip along the edge of the background paper and make sure that about the same amount of sage card stock peaks out evenly on each end of the card. That's all there is to it! Happy Stamping!!!