Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Measure of a Life




The Measure of a Life stamp set from Stampin’ Up!® is one of my favorites. It has been so versatile and easy to work with that I have completed many projects with this set. I took the easy way out on this card and just heat embossed it with detail silver embossing powder and used the Print Pattern background stamp along with an Anna Griffin background stamp. Layer a few colors of card stock and that’s really all there is to it. I made this card as a sympathy card by embossing an appropriate sentiment and floral motif on vellum and attached it to the inside.

This thinking of you card was made using the same stamp set. I used a couple of watercolor crayons and the wrought iron corner slot punch. I sent it to my gardening friend after she lost her husband. Several months later she told me that she felt special that someone had handcrafted a card for her. I showed her some of my stamping projects and she thought it might be fun. I showed her how to get started stamping and she jumped in with both feet! She is on her way to becoming a stamping diva!

1 comment:

Tandra said...

Oh th edragonfly card is lovely, Paula!! And what a great story about your Gardener friend! What a sweet friend you are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin