Monday, August 20, 2007

Victorian Baroque



It took forever to figure out what I was going to do with this stamp set that had not already been done. After some thought, I finally decided to go with jewel tones and opted for the elegant eggplant card stock with the Encore! ® silver ink. This card opens from the right because I wanted something a little different than the typical 4.25 x 5.5 inch standard card. Just cut the 8.5 x 11 inch cardstock down the middle lengthways at 4.25 inches and then fold in half.

The Baroque Border wheel was used to create the border by masking the corners at 45 degrees with post it paper. This took the most time since I had to do two sides of the border at a time and then wait for the ink to dry before I could mask and finish the other two sides.
I stamped the large background Baroque Motif stamp on white card stock with Perfect Plum ink.
Next I cut down this image and run the edge of the card stock on the Perfect Plum pad.
Then I backed the image with black card stock.
Stamp the square motif onto white and cut it out and mount it with a Stampin’ Dimensional (A.K.A. pop dot) or a scrap piece of foam that was left over after cutting out a stamp set.
Stamp a sentiment on elegant eggplant card stock with the silver ink and run the edge of the paper on the silver ink pad.
Mount the sentiment to the left of the background image and then glue this down to the card front.Place the square motif off to the right and down as the photo shows and you have an elegant new card! Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin