Saturday, September 22, 2007

Floral Birthday!


I made this card several months ago from an Anna Griffin pattern. This one turned out well but I can think of other things that would have made it even better. Isn’t that the way it always is? You make improvements as you go along and the last one is always better than the first? Some time I hope to work with this basic design and improve upon it. I want to give it more of a wow factor. The color combinations could be improved upon and other embellishments used to add even more interest.

The floral paper is by Anna Griffin and the stock number is AG012. The Pink embossed flourish paper is from The Vintage Paper Collection from nicolecrafts.com The burgundy strip is SU! Bravo Burgundy card stock and the picot ribbon is by Offray. The card itself was stamped on a speckled gray card stock that has been in my stash for years and then I just stippled the edge with the burgundy ink. This piece measures 3 ¼ inches by 4 ½ inches. I can see this done with the SU! new round tab punch at the top or maybe incorporating the designer label. The possibilities are just about endless so I may design a series of cards with this basic design and see if they get better as I go! I almost forgot to mention how well this card would work for Valentine’s Day! Doesn’t it just scream nostalgia? Happy stamping and please let me know that you stopped by. Don’t forget the send a link if you use this as a springboard or CASE this card.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin