Monday, September 17, 2007

Heartfelt Sympathy Card Tutorial



Well, it's time for a cropping post today. I am finally getting caught up on making some cards. Soon I'll be stamping on anything but a card and altered items! It will be a lot of fun to work in other mediums for a change. All of you are probably tired of looking at cards too!

Last week I created this card for the Virtual Stamp Night Challenge at Splitcoast and I am finally getting around to uploading a photo of it. Some of you are die hard Stampin' Up people and I applaud that. I had many supplies from different companies before I became a demonstrator so I am using up what I have before I buy all new supplies. You may substitute Stampin' Up! or just use this blog for inspiration. I am trying to get cards made for the card ministry at my church.
I hope you like it. If you do, please let me know! If you make a card using an idea from this one, send the link so we can have a look! Here is how this one is made.

SUPPLY LIST

Textured Vanilla card stock
White and vanilla card stock
SU! Mellow Moss Card Stock

SU! French Script Background Stamp
SU! Heartfelt Thanks Stamp Set
SU! Elegant Inspirations Stamp Set

SU! Mellow Moss Classic Ink
Sugarloaf Fresh Eggplant Stamp Pad
Brilliance Victorian Violet Stamp Pad
Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy Stamp Pad

Mellow Moss Classic Stamp Pad
Watermark Stamp Pad

Cuttle Bug Textile Embossing Folder
Heat Gun
Gold Embossing Powder
Sponge
Water
Foam plate or palette
Bone Folder
Stamp-a-ma-jig
Stencil Brush
Adhesive
Scissors
Paint Brush

1. I cut some heavy duty textured 8 1/2 x 11 inch card stock in half at 5 1/2 inches. I have had this card stock (CS) for a while and do not know who the manufacturer happens to be.


2. Fold the card in half using a bone folder. I also like to use the top edge of my paper cutter as a guide to help keep the paper straight.



3. Open the card and cut off 1 inch of the front right hand side of the card.
4.Stamp the front with the French Script stamp in Mellow Moss.
5. Run 1/4 sheet of white CS through the Cuttle Bug with the Textile Embossing Folder. I do not have a Cuttle Bug yet so I can't show you this step. If you need more information about this tool, check out Craft Critique. Some very kind ladies send these to me. If you do not have access to a Cuttle Bug, you could emboss by hand the old fashion way or buy embossed CS or paper.



6. Rub Mellow Moss Ink pad over the top of the embossed CS. Just ink the raised portion.
7. Squirt a few drops of Mellow Moss ink on a plate and dilute with water. I used about one part ink to 3 or 4 parts water.
8. Dampen sponge and then sponge diluted ink onto embossed CS and let dry or dry with the heat gun.




9. Stamp Heartfelt Thanks Flower on vanilla CS using
Eggplant on the flower and Mellow Moss on the stem.
10. Cut the flowers into 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 inch pieces.



A bit of tape would be helpful to mask while inking the stamp.
11. Ink up Flower Outline with Victorian Violet and leaves with Pearlescent Ivy.
12. Distress the edges and Stipple around the edge of the flower in Mellow Moss using a stencil brush.
Don't forget to ink the edge of the card stock too!

13. Cut a piece of Mellow Moss CS to 2 3/4 x 4 1/4 inches and glue to the back of the flower.
14. Use the swirl from the Elegant Inspirations set and the watermark ink to stamp the corners of the flower.
15.Heat emboss with gold embossing powder.



16. Ink the raised portion of the embossed paper with watermark ink and emboss with gold embossing powder.

If too much powder sticks in the crevices, then use a paint brush to clean off the powder before heating. You want this to look a bit aged.


17. Cut embossed paper into one inch strips and glue a strip down to the right edge of the back flap. Trim if needed. The front flap of the card should meet the left edge of the embossed paper which you glued to the bottom flap of the card.
18. Glue flower to the center of the front flap.
I chose to use gold embossing powder for the sentiment on the inside of the card and it looks great!


19. This last photo shows an alternate way to finish the flower. I stamped an additional flower, cut it out and curled up the edges.
20. Next I added some wonderful lavender ultra fine glitter to the center of the flower.

Happy Stamping and don't forget to tell me what you think and link your card here!

1 comment:

Tandra said...

WOWZA PAULA!! That is an amazing card!!! Great tutorial!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin