Thursday, September 27, 2007

What's in a Name?


I have been back at making name writing pins again. I need to get inspired with my stamping but dread the reorganization that my office is undergoing. Slow and steady wins the race I guess! Furniture is being moved and the closet is getting revamped. Why don't those office fairies come in at night and go poof? LOL Then I would have a wonderful creative space again!

The pin at the top is made with 20 gauge round sterling silver wire. It is much easier to work with than the square wire as with the name Victoria. However, the square wire looks so good and makes a sturdier product so it is worthwhile to work that persnickety stuff. The s curve also makes the pin sturdier because it stiffens things up once it is attached to the spring of the pin. It is not a separate piece of wire but worked with one continuous piece of wire beginning with the V with several inches left on the beginning end. This extra wire is then worked into the pin and spring. The catch is worked in behind the A and then the s curve works out from there and attaches back to the spring behind the V. The square wire catches more light and looks fancier. In the end it is my favorite even though it takes longer to form a name with it. The wire tends to want to turn and it takes a bit of effort to keep it squared up! I can work a name with round wire in forty minutes or less and the square takes an hour. The price you pay for shine and glitz I suppose! What do you think?

1 comment:

HeyHeyPaula said...

I like the first one...of course Paula is my name! Really they are both very nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin