Friday, October 5, 2007

Brocade Blue Hybrid

I can't believe it is October already and I have not posted anything this month! We will now continue with regular scheduled programming. Have you been wondering where I have been? I had to take a break while I rearranged my office a bit. Things were getting too cluttered to get any creative work done!
I guess you could say this is a hybrid card between Stampin' Up! and Anna Griffin. My two favorite stamping companies share the stage here! As usual the soft effects of Anna Griffin type layering do not show up well in a photo. If you have not tried any of her cards, please give it a try. The cards always turn out beautiful.
The dusty blue card stock is some that I have had for quite a while so I can't tell you where to find it. I would use Stampin' Up! Brocade Blue card stock if I were trying to reproduce this card.

Brocade Blue Card Stock
Vanilla Card Stock
Decorative Paper
Bashful Blue Stamp Pad
Brilliant Blue Stamp Pad
Watermark Ink
VersaMark Pen
Silver Embossing Powder
Clear Embossing Powder
Heat Embossing Gun
Floral Background Stamp Anna Griffin or Stampin Up!
Sentiment Stamp
Ruler
Tape or post it pad
Craft Knife and cutting pad or detail scissors
Paper Trimmer
Adhesive
Ribbon
Silver Eyelets or brads
Crystal Effects

1. Cut a standard sheet of card stock in half and fold so that you have a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card.
2. Stamp the card front with the Anna Griffin background stamp using a watermark ink. You may use the SU! Floral Background stamp instead.
3. take a ruler and a VersaMark watermark pen and outline the card.
4. Heat emboss the outline with silver embossing powder.
5. Mask off a flower from the background stamp and stamp with watermark ink on brocade blue.
6. Emboss the flower with clear embossing powder.
7. Stamp oval frame from SU! Label Classics stamp set on Vanilla card stock with Bashful Blue ink.
8. Cut out the oval using a craft knife. This includes the center of the frame.
9. Line up the embossed flower in the frame. Trim and attach to the back of the frame with adhesive.
10. Cut a piece of decorative paper approximately 2 1/2 x 3 inches. If you do not have decorative paper then stamp a background stamp with bashful blue and use that instead. I used Anna Griffin paper which I can no longer find via the Internet so I had to use a background stamp for part of the cards that I made.
11. Back this with a piece of vanilla card stock to layer and set aside after you attach the oval frame to this.
12. Stamp sentiment with Brilliant Blue on Brocade Blue CS. I used a stamp from the SU! retired set called Elegant Greetings.
13. Trim the sentiment close and layer with decorative paper.
14. Layer all of this with a narrow stripe decorative paper. I used a vintage paper from nicole crafts (you could use any geometric pattern).
15. Attach the sentiment to the bottom of the layered frame with brads or eyelets.
16. Attach to the front of the card.
17. Make a bow and attach to the card using crystal effects.
I have included this photo so that you can see the background stamp that I used.
Happy stamping! Please let me know that you stopped by and give this one a try and let me know what you think. It really is great looking up close and personal!

5 comments:

Debby Winters said...

WOW! What an absolutely beautiful card! Thanks for such good instructions.

SmilynStef said...

Love the frame and the cool effect with the background image ... beautiful.

austampers stampin room said...

Beautiful!! I love the frame stamp!

Shannon McGann said...

This card is beautiful! I love the blue with vanilla - just stunning.

Paula said...

I am glad some of you like this card. Thanks for your kind words and for looking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin