Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Cube and Clover

I finished these a few weeks ago and have been wearing them constantly. Remember when I said that the watches sparkle even more if you pair it with a bracelet on the same wrist? Well, I have been wearing this one with my silver and crystal watch and it looks great!
The sterling silver toggle clasp came from a Bali bead company in Indonesia. The 8 mm cube beads are dressed with a cap on each end and wired together with 18 gauge half hard round sterling silver wire. I just did a simple wire wrap technique on each end. The same is done with the 6mm Swarovski bicone beads. Don't forget to link the beads together before you close the wire wrap. The clover was made on the jig using medium size pegs and then gently hammered to harden. It was rather easy to put together but a bit time consuming.
The earrings were made by using a fine Bali head pin and two different cap beads. They were finished by using the wire wrap technique and then placed on a French wire.
The photo does not do justice to these pieces. The mix of modern with old has proved to be quite popular.
Happy Beading!

2 comments:

mimihas5 said...

Oh my gosh! This bracelet and earring set is gorgeous! I just looked at some of the other pieces of jewelry you have made and all I can say is Wow!You are very gifted. Your cards are awesome too. :)

Mary

Cheryl said...

Your jewelry is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin