Monday, November 12, 2007

Christmas Tags

It was a Whirlwind week last week and now I hope to catch my breath. Everything is going to be okay with my Dad. Thanks for asking. We signed a contract to buy a Victorian home so we will be busy making general repairs, adding a bathroom or two, adding more to the electrical system and renovating the exterior to make this home a painted lady once again. Whew are we going to be busy and so will our contractor.

Remember this snowman tag? He needed something else but I didn't know what to do with him. I added more color to his hat and scarf with watercolor pencils. Vellum was added and snowflakes were stamped with watermark ink so that heat and stick powder would adhere dazzling diamonds glitter. I also used silver ink on the brilliant blue layer with stamped snowflakes. Such an improvement don't you think? I sent these in for the tag swap along with some tags with a vintage look.

Here I used handsome hunter as the base layer and created a border with a gold gel pen. Next came a layer of plaid Christmas 12x12 paper. The top layer is bravo burgundy which has been embossed with gold embossing powder using the Keep Christmas stamp set from Stampin' Up! I finished it all off with a tab using the round tab punch and bright shiny gold card stock and a gold eyelet. The Holly was stamped on always artichoke and highlighted with a gold gel pen.

I hope you stop by and let me know what you think! Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Shannon McGann said...

Wow! I love how you "blinged" up the snowman tag! It looks great! (It looked great before, too, but you made it pop!)

mimihas5 said...

Your tags are both very pretty. Congratulations on your new home.

Mary

dasimonds said...

Great Tags...
very pretty...love the sparkle!


Dee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin