Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A House Hunting We will Go!


I can't believe that it has been nearly a month since my last post. So much has happened since then. The holidays are always a bit hectic and more so this year. Here's why!
1. We traveled to Nashville for the state Beta competition over the Thanksgiving break. Beta is an honor society for 6th - 12th grade here in the south. I'll tell you all about the jewelry my daughter made and entered for competition, in a future post.

2. We had family visiting over the Thanksgiving holiday!

3. I have been making jewelry to be sold as a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.

4. We have finally found a home and will close in January. It is a grand old Victorian that needs a bit of work. My husband will work on the electrical system in January and our contractors will begin renovations in February. We hope to move into it in the spring. I am going to keep a thread going on the blog of all the goings on with the house. I want you to see the before and after photos while we bring this old house back to the former glory she once had. The house will be taking up a lot of my time so I won't be crafting a whole lot in the near future.

Many people have already asked about the farm. No, we are not selling it. Our daughter is the 4th generation to live there and we intend to keep the family farm intact for future generations. I will still work in the greenhouses and my parents will continue to live there. The house and farm are just 15 minutes from one another so it is really no big deal going back and forth.
My husband and I have wanted to renovate a Victorian for 20 years so this is a real thrill.
If you squint a bit and use your imagination, you can see what a beautiful home this can be after a lot of scraping and painting takes place. See that balcony there on the front? I plan to spend some time out there in the mornings and evenings when I have time. I can see the whole neighborhood from up there. That reminds me, the house is on top of a hill so it has some great views of the town and surrounding mountains!
Just wait until you see the interior. There are 9 foot tall oak pocket doors, 7 original fireplaces that are still beautiful, crown moldings at 11 foot ceilings, original stained glass windows.....

2 comments:

dasimonds said...

"Congratulations"..on your new
Victorian Home!!
Beautiful...and will be more Beautiful with your renovations.
Enjoy it!!

mimihas5 said...

I absolutely love your new home. It will be stunning once you have renovated it I'm sure. I lived in the oldest home in a town in NH and it was a Victorian. It was huge ang gorgeous. It still is. It belongs to my family. :)Cobgratulations to you.

I *love* the necklace that your daughter made. Wow! She is very talented.

Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin