Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stamping for a Luncheon



About a month and a half ago I received a call from the coordinator of our ladies day out luncheon at our church. She asked if I would be willing to decorate a table. I was not planning on attending since I was so busy but thought it would be a fun thing to help out with. After all it isn't always easy finding 30 people who are willing to decorate. You see, each table is different because the hostess of each table uses her own dishes etc... to put a table together. It's great fun seeing each table. They are so creative! Women from many different churches attend this luncheon so it is an outreach ministry for us.

This is the table that I was responsible for setting and decorating. You're probably wondering how I had time to do this aren't you? Well I almost lost my mind with all of the things I had going on at the time but knew I needed a little creative break. My daughter was also a big help getting ready for the event.
I started by using my clear depression glass called Windsor and some silver-plated flatware that my husband inherited. Many of my linens are packed but I did have this green square tablecloth that dictated the color scheme. I like monochromatic because it is soothing and green is always relaxing. Instead of taking the mahogany flatware box off of the table, I used it center stage and placed an old mirror on top of it. I had trouble finding fresh flowers for the floral design so the grapevine, hydrangea, fern and yucca leaves came from my garden. The candle and container I had on hand so the kale, daisies and roses were the only things that were purchased from the store. White paper doilies were used under each plate as a place mat.

I used the So Swirly jumbo stampin' around wheel with garden green ink on vellum paper to make the small candle shades that are at each of the 8 place settings. Next I used the delight in life stamp set with garden green ink on certainly celery card stock to stamp the flowers of the napkin rings. A bit of green square rhinestones from the square ice rhinestone brads collection attaches the flowers to the round scallop punch background of garden green. Attach with glue to a 1 by 6 strip of card stock that has been glued in a round and you have instant custom napkin rings.

Each table hostess is responsible for providing table favors for each guest so I created the green pillow boxes a placed a pair of my sterling silver earrings in each box. They were a big hit and each person had a different pair of earrings to see what my product is like. I make the earrings to raise money for our church sponsored American Cancer Society Relay for Life team. As it happened, a team member from the neighboring county was seated at my table so maybe the word will get out about the earrings.

The next post I will show you some of the other tables that were decorated for the luncheon. Until then, enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin