Friday, October 31, 2008

Gothic arch


This is a card I made several months ago and thought I had blogged about it already. Ditzy me forgot so I thought I would show it to you now and tell you a bit about it.
Some time ago I started reading Cora's blog and she participates in an on line Gothic Arch challenge. I liked her creations so much that I wanted to give it try. I didn't join in on any of the challenges but I was inspired to create a card with this shape. Since it reminded me of a church window, I decided to cut out openings so it looks like one is inside looking out into nature. I used vellum in the window and covered the brads with another piece of paper.

The branch and bird are stamps from the Stampin' Up! Touch of Nature stamp set that been retired. I used black stazon ink and watercolor crayons to create this very basic image. More branches and maybe the tree trunk in the picture would be a bit more realistic. I can imagine some very pretty options to use in the future if I ever get the time to stamp. This isn't too bad for working up the first proto type to spring board from. I also stamped a verse under the image and this helped ground the image. It just isn't shown in this photo. This isn't the most inspiring work I have done but it has definite possibilities.

If you would like to try the Gothic card, you can download the template from the sidebar of the Gothic Arch web site. They have several to choose from. Happy stamping!

5 comments:

JACKIE said...

This is really neat...I really like it. TFS

Jennifer Scull said...

really great design! thank you for the inspiration! :)

Karen from PA said...

Lovely card!! I like the design and the stamping around the window.

Gina said...

Really cool card. I love that you made the window looking out into nature.

Scrubbysue said...

How pretty! so creative. TFS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin