Friday, November 14, 2008

Blog Challenge # 1


I made this card for the Splitcoast blogger group Challenge that Sara was kind enough to host. She challenged us to create a card using polka dots and ribbon. I whipped out my new stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs and went to work. I have had this set for several months but had not taken the time to play around with this beauty! If you like it, go on over to Our Daily Bread Designs and check out the other stamps. This is a new stamp company that is doing a great job at filling a niche market. I have four of their stamp sets and wish for more!

I stamped the medium cross and verse on white card stock with night of navy ink. I made sure to stamp an extra cross so I could cut it out and pop it off the page. Then I glued the metal flower to the center of the cross and added a rhinestone. This flower is a new brad from Stampin’ Up! I just cut the ears of f of it before I glued it down.

Here is a list of the rest of the products I used to complete the card.

Card Stock- SU Rose Red, SU Prints pack designer series paper

Offray Picot edge Ribbon

SU Metallic pencil

Martha Stewart border punch

Foil Corners that I purchased in a book shop while in Ireland. Sorry ladies, I do not know where they can be found in the US.

I look forward to the next blog challenge! Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

beautiful card! I like the punched border that you added! I've seen so many wonderful stamps from this company - need to finally get a few for myself.

JACKIE said...

Your card is breathtaking!

Jennifer Scull said...

I wanted to add that I have a special blog award for you over on my site. Take care! :)

Danielle's Designs said...

I really like the dp paper. Great card!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Very pretty!!!

Kryssi said...

lovely card :)

Scrubbysue said...

This is beautiful! TFS!

CRAFTERESA said...

a really gorgeous card
I like so many elements of it...
the colours you chose, the stamps, and that filigree edge is beautiful...if I had created this I would be well pleased...well done

Karen from PA said...

lovely card. I love the way you added dimension to the cross.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin