Friday, March 20, 2009

Chocolate Blog Challenge

Posted by Picasa
Maybe it is better to be late than never. I finally got to try the Split Coast blog challenge from Julie over at Special Craft Mom of 4. She wanted us to use chocolate as our theme. We could create a card around chocolate or use chocolate colors. I chose to create a color theme with chocolate chip paper and ink. This is a simple card but looks great. The photo doesn't do this card justice. Here is what I used:
Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip card stock
SU! Black card stock
SU! White card stock
Chocolate chip ink or Brown Stazon
Pixie Pink Stampin' write marker
White Gel Pen
SU! Thoughts and Prayers Stamp Set
SU! Damask Texturz Plate
SU! Eyelet Border Punch
Pink Ribbon from $1.00 bin at Big Lots

The stamped image is matted on top of black card stock and looks great in real life yet here it looks more like a shadow. I added pink to the center of the flowers and highlighted to leave with a white gel pen. There again it is difficult to see in the photo so I guess you just need to see it in real life!
I want to thank Julie for the challenge. I finally forged out a small space to crop in until I get a real craft room set up at This Old House. It could be next year before that happens and I know I couldn't wait that long to crop. I have been busy creating the last few days so I have some new things to show you over the next few weeks. I was wondering what kind of space you use to be creative. Julie (Special Craft Mom of 4) uses a closet that is a nice set up. I am temporarily using a corner of the library. Stop by and tell what kind of space you use. HAPPY STAMPING!

5 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

nice job with the challenge! this is one of the stamp sets I keep eyeing, but can't make up my mind about. the double mounting bothers me, but I really shouldn't let that hold me back, because it is so pretty.

as for my craft space, I have this huge porch room that is filled with all my stuff, but I bring everything into the dining room to craft! :D makes sense, huh?!

Scrubbysue said...

How pretty! I like the embossed bkgd too! it really gives it a nice feel and the flowers and sentiment are a perfect touch. TFS!

Katy said...

beautiful card! I love this stamp set.

Gina said...

Very pretty!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Oh how beautiful!!!! The embossing is just perfect on this card! Great job (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin