Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Glitz and Glitter

Posted by Picasa
This is an image that I created before Christmas. The idea was that it looked so much like an Amaryllis blossom that all I needed to do was change the leaf and I would have a great Christmas card. The watercolor pencil I used was too pink instead of red so I slapped a bit of pink glitter over it and a bit of green on a few leaves and viola, I had a big pink........not an Amaryllis.....so now what do I do with it? Well, the image turned out nice but does not resemble an Amaryllis or a Magnolia blossom. I guess it is a mystery flower that I double mounted. What is double mounted you ask? That's when you color two images that are the same and cut some portions out of the image that is mounted on the top. In this case the glittered area and stem are on top and give this image great depth. It usually looks good to offset the top image about 1/8 of an inch from the bottom image but in this case, I didn't like the result because there is not glitter on the bottom image and it looked funny. I guess this is another card that looks better IRL.

In the Garden Stamp Set Retired from Stampin' Up!
Phrase is Stampin' Up! retired hostess set ( I think)
Brown Stazon ink
Stampin' Up! watercolor crayons-multiple greens, chocolate chip, rose red
Designer series paper pack
White Card Stock
Pretty in Pink Card Stock
Stampin' Up! Texturz Plate - Backgrounds 1
Stampin' Up! Lots of Tags Die Cut
Eyelets are from a craft store
Stampin' Dimensionals/ Pop Dots
Barbara Trombley's Ultra Fine Glitter

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

oooooohhhh! so pretty and sparkly! okay, this is twice now this week I've been reminded that I have this stamp and have never used it. someone is telling me I had better ink it up soon! ;) I like the colors, and it is a great mystery flower!!! love the new die cut!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Oh how pretty! I LOVE the color, but pink is my favorite color (: I love the double mount technique on this card. I am going to try this today. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin