Friday, March 27, 2009

Just Messin' Around

Posted by Picasa
These are two cards I started at our last church crop. I was going for a Michelle Zindorf look without the added work and I didn't have my brayer with me so I tried sponges. I also had just a few colors of stamp pads so I was a bit limited. The technique was quick but just doesn't have the depth that Michelle has with her work. This idea and layout is definitely still in the prototype stage. I like the second card the best. I guess I am not wild about the bow on the first card. Which one do you prefer? Any suggestions?

Any of you reading this from church who are interested in cropping, please come to the next crop! Bring photos to organize, your current scrapbook or paper crafting project! Need help getting started? Just say the word and we'll help you.

9 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

I like them both! great job! and this quote is so very beautiful! I haven't been brave enough to try this technique yet, so kudos to you!!! have a great weekend! :)

Gina said...

I think you did a great job. I have been playing around with this technique a little too and you have better color separation that I have ben able to achieve.

Sara said...

Beautiful cards, I love the look you achieved. And my personal preference is the one with the bow

Paula said...

Gina, I forgot to mention that I used craft ink instead of the classic pads and they were on the dry side also.

Scrubbysue said...

beautiful! I haven't been brave enough to venture into this area although I have the siupplies for it...LOL Hope your having a great wknd!

Katy said...

Great card! I love the sky.

specialcraftmom4 said...

Oh I think this is so pretty! The colors are really rich and pretty (:

Karen from PA said...

These are such lovely cards. I have never been brave enough to try this technique...maybe one of these days. You did a wonderful job!

Carmen said...

You did great.....the sponging looks good. I too prefer the 2nd card. I have tried a Zindorf but I am no good! LOL Thanks for doing the challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin