Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Class with the amazing Zindorf


This past Saturday I attended a beginner brayer workshop taught by Michelle Zindorf in the Dayton, Ohio area at Marco Paper. This paper shop is one of the best I have been to. It was on the small side for square footage but lives large with many, many paper crafting supplies and high quality paper. If you are ever in the area check them out at marcopaper.com I finally picked up some twinkling H2Os there among other things.
I did not get a chance to take many photos because Michelle kept us hoppin' with that brayer and her quick wit. She has a wonderful sense of humor which had us laughing out loud and teasing one another. This first photo was taken of Michelle towards the end of the class. As you can see by all of the boxes on the shelves, our class met in the storage room. We were limited to ten students per class and people came from all over. I believe these were the areas represented in our class....... Ohio, Canada, Kentucky and Virginia.

Posted by Picasa
This next photo was taken after a few of the students had made a break for it so there are only eight of the ten represented here. I'm there in the front wearing black and white with that hurry up and press the camera button expression on my face.
Michelle made sure that we had what we needed to do this technique at home without needing to go shopping after class. Our class fee included these items in our kit: a speedball brayer, the stamp set we used to make our three cards, an acrylic block, white gel pen, a foam pad to work on top of (you can see it in the first photo. The red pad lying on the table), and the materials including envelopes for assembling the three cards we made that day. I think the pad and how quickly you roll on the ink are key components to this technique. I have not taken photos of the cards from this class yet so you will have to wait a bit until I get those uploaded. In the meantime, go to Mrs. Lumpy's blog and watch the two videos she made showing the brayer technique. Well go on..........get over there and watch the video!

6 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

oh, I just can't wait to see the cards that you upload! and you are now a celebrity!!!! wooooo hooooooo! way to go! glad that you had a good time! :)

Gina said...

Can't wait to see your projects!

MollyD said...

I bet you will have great stuff to show us all!

Peggy M said...

Lucky you! I have been wanting to attend a seminar with Michelle forever!! Now we are expecting big things from you! 'Can't wait to see.

Scrubbysue said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love a person with a good sense of humor. It really lightens things up. Thankyou for the video links too. I'm going to go watch them.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh, how fun it must have been to take a class from Michelle -- lucky you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin