Friday, April 24, 2009

Cupcake Die

Posted by Picasa
I just have two things to say before I lose my train of thought. Carmen over at Queentomas is an enabler. LOL! If she hadn't written that post about the new EK Success punches I might have resisted the urge to pick up this border punch! But nooo... she plastered photo after photo of these babies on her blog! Isn't it a pretty punch? The cool thing is that you can use the negative pieces on other creations! Now that I have that off my chest, I wanted to let you know that a Cupcake theme is brewing hot and heavy on this blog. I usually don't buy a lot of cute stamps because my eye goes towards botanicals, antique and elegant themed stamps. However, I have joined the Wish RAK birthday fairies over at Splitcoast and have decided to experiment with things that are atypical for me and try some new things.
This card uses the SU! Crazy for Cupcakes Stamp Set and the SU! Big Bold Cupcake Dies. The balloons were clear embossed and the top of the cupcake is chocolate frosting paper that I have had for years and I am finally using it. Happy Stamping!

11 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

That cupcake looks good enough to eat! At first glance it really looks like frosting. I applaud you for stepping out of your comfort zone. Have a great day!

Jennifer Scull said...

well, and that fleur de lis stamp is right at the top of my list! lucky for me not all the stores carry it! ;) cute cupcake! lots of fun touches!
have a fun day!

Becky said...

delicious looking cupcake. I just bought this punch my self :), and it is lovely.

Martha said...

amazing card, I love it.

Karen from PA said...

What a really fun card, and that punch is on my wish list.

Gina said...

I know what you mean, I had to go to Mikes after seeing that post too, I saw this one the first time I was in there and got some others ones instead. This one has been out of stock every time I go back. Like the embossing on the balloons!

Stephanie Kim said...

this cupcake takes the cake!

Dru said...

What a happy and cute card Paula. Love the border punch and pretty balloons. Thanks for sharing.

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster said...

Yum! Love the brad sprinkles on it too. I have some of that frosting paper in my stash. What a great way to use it.
Nancy

Scrubbysue said...

Too cute! and I like what you did with the edge. very nice.

Jackie said...

I have a thing for cupcakes...this card is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin