Wednesday, April 15, 2009

D.I.V.A.S Blog challenge Scallop Punch Flower



Jennifer over at Just Coffee Please has issued our blog challenge for this round. She asked us to use something old and something new in our creation. I decided to create this card using some new card stock called Barely Banana by Stampin' Up! You see yellow is not a color that I naturally gravitate towards when it comes to creating a color combo. The Stampin' Up! designer paper called Parisian Summer is also new to me since one of my Splitcoast Wish RAK sisters (Oregon Stamper) sent it to me a few weeks ago. Learning how to create the flower out of a scallop punch was a first for me also. All of the other supplies have been around my cropping space for a while. I want to thank Jennifer for hosting the challenge. The directions for creating the flower can be found at this post under Origami Flower. The only difference is that I folded down 3 tabs instead of 4 because the scallop punch is smaller and has a different number of tabs than the Nestabilities.
Supply List:
SU Wild Rose Stamp set
SU Best Yet Stamp set
SU Designer Paper - Parisian Summer
SU Designer Paper - Prints Pack
SU Barely Banana CS
SU Bravo Burgundy Stamp Pad
Su Certainly Celery Stamp Pad
SU Green Galore Stamp Pad
Paper Flowers by American Crafts
Paper Piercing tool and pad
Distress edges of paper
Bling - SU Ice square Rhinestone Brads
Round Scallop Punch
Stampin' Dimensionals


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

Oh I just LOVE your flower on this card!!!! You did a great job with the challenge (:

Scrubbysue said...

Oooooooooooh.........this is BEAUTIFUL paula! I love everything about it!! great job!

MollyD said...

GREAT job on this challenge...your post was great at giving direction and supply list - thanks!

Jennifer Scull said...

love your take on the challenge! perfect!!! and those flowers are so cool! I am going to have to try that technique out - someday! ;)

BB used to be one of my 'go to' colors, but I haven't used it in a while. better pull some out so it doesn't feel lonely. by the way, the craft ink is WONDERFUL because it stamps so beautifully yellow on even the darkest cs. I used it in many workshops and always sold tons. but it just looks so cool! :)

Martha said...

oh i didnt know we had a challenge, great job.

Gina said...

Very pretty, love that flower!

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness the layout on this is just adorable and I love the dp you used. That flower is just adorable. I am going to have to get out some supplies and try it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin