Friday, April 17, 2009

Embossing Folder Mosaic

.
I have been searching blogs and U-tube for creative new things in the paper world lately. I was in a funk and in need of some new inspiration when I stumbled across video on creating these embossed mosaics. Then I started thinking of other ways to use this technique so I whipped out my one inch circle punch started punching and glueing away. The first card shows the technique using a one inch circle punch and the other two cards are done by tearing the paper. On the last two I used two different embossing folders just to see what they would look like. My family and I decided that we liked the look of the circle punch the best in real life. Doesn't this just get your mojo moving? Think of all the possibilities with this technique. You could place your punched items across the card stock in a particular pattern or you can use all sorts of punches along with all sorts of color combinations. Well it's just about limitless as to ideas you could come up with.
Go on over to the High Tea Stamper and check out her video how to create this paper. It's too easy and so simple! Why didn't anyone think of this before now?
Those of you who wish to participate in the next D.I.V.A.S. blog challenge need to check out the video and create some of your own because this is what we will be using for the next challenge. Use any embossing folder you have and any color combo you wish. Just have fun. What do you think about this easy technique? Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

when I saw the title, I was hoping it was a clue to our next challenge! very clever of you to find such a cool thing for us to try! I like the torn bg best myself, but you knew this shabby lady would, didn't you?! ;)
can't wait to get my envie of supplies so I can start playing! thanks so much!

Gina said...

Those circles are great, thanks for sharing this technique.

The Wired Angel said...

Well aren't you creative! Thanks for showing us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin