Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cyclone Alert

If my Dad were to see these photos, he would ask if anyone got hurt from the cyclone that came through this room! That's how he used to tell me I had a mess in my room that needed cleaned while I was growing up. Today that phrase is a running joke in our family.
I still have my stamping space in my office at the farm but I am not there very often so I have moved some of the stamping/cropping supplies to the house so that I have better access to it. My stamping room on the third floor is still a dream in my minds' eye because nothing is finished up there and won't be for quite some time. Instead I have stolen part of Adam's space in the library to set up shop for a while. I am using a chest of drawers, a bookcase, our old kitchen table and even the fireplace mantle for crop storage.
I have had such a busy few weeks that I didn't take time to clean up after all of the projects I worked on. This is a result of the 6 gift cards, 9 post it note holders, 8 basketball invitations, 2 chocolate blog challenge cards, finish work on the glitz and glitter post, Just Messin' Around post. Oh yes, I nearly forgot that I prepared about a dozen wishes for the Wish RAK (random acts of kindness) Members at Splitcoast in all of this mess too.
The boxes beside of the table are filled with books and have not been unpacked yet but the rest of that is my mess! Am I good or what?!! LOL!
Posted by Picasa
I had so much stuff on that little table that things kept sliding off of the pile. My husband said I need to put a leaf or two in the table so that this doesn't happen but if I do that there won't be any room left in the Library for his things. LOL! ; ) I was just wondering if anyone else is like me and leaves the doors/drawers open while they are pulling stuff to create with? I need to see what I have or I forget it is there. By the time I am done I usually have nearly every drawer and door left open. The price some of us slobs pay for creativity I suppose. LOL!
I hope to tame this beast very soon and maybe I'll post a photo of everything neat and pretty.

I wrote this post weeks ago and still had not posted it because I just haven't been happy with my new temporary space and didn't have any solutions for fixing it until now. There has been discussion at Christian Paper Crafts Magazine about cropping spaces and I have gotten a few ideas and inspiration on how to attack my problem. Stay tuned and I may have this beast whipped into shape soon and can post the new look.
If you haven't been to the new Christian Paper Crafts site yet, you need to check it out. You may need to register before you are able to look around but it's worth it. Just Do It!
Thanks for stopping by and looking!

6 comments:

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster said...

Paula,
My crafting space looks like a cyclone many times even after just one project! Do you have the link to the Christian paper crafts site?
Thanks!
Nancy

Jennifer Scull said...

I was worried when I first saw the title of your post, but then I started laughing right away. mine looks QUITE similar to that! did you come peek in my window?!?! ;)

Barkley's Mommy said...

Uh oh. Both you and Nancy at Basketmaster's Weavings posted "cyclone stories" on the same day. I guess this a sure sign that I should step up to the challenge of FINALLY getting all of my reed, beads, and other craft supplies organized!
~~~Anne

Becky said...

When I first saw the post I thought a cyclone was coming to your town, I see it did :)This is so funny, I love seeing pictures of peoples craft areas. I keep a limited supply, so I know what I have, and I am one of those people who can not creat with any mess around me. :).

Cindy Coutts said...

Bless your heart Paula being all spread out all over the place like that! I had to laugh while reading this. In our first issue, I did an article on my craft space that you're going to love -- all 19-20 pictures of it :)

Scrubbysue said...

Oooooh...good luck on this paula! I'm sure it will look wonderful when it's all done. It's nice just to have your own space too I'm sure huh? I look forward to future pics! I just love to see craft room makeovers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin