Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Little Award


I just received this little award from one of my blogging buddies (Karen) from the D.I.V.A.S. blog group. This acronym stands for Designing, Inspirational, Virtuous, Artistic, Sistahs. Karen's blog can be found here so check it out. She makes some of the most beautiful and perfect paper crafts that I have ever seen. The meaning of this award is this....."These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers". How wonderful is that? Blessings come in many ways and from many people. Praise God for the people he brings into our lives!
I have been wiped out today with so many things happening at once so this was such a nice surprise. My family and I took a 4 day whirlwind trip to Texas and on the way home from the airport, we stopped by the grocery. I had to prepare food for the teacher luncheon at my daughters school that very evening. The next day I took the food to the school and began working fervently on a fund raising dinner project. Well, that was this past Monday and I worked all week planning and cooking for the event. My daughter is a member of the Tri State Youth Choir. This Choir consists of youth from many churches in our region who travel to Florida each summer and present their program to rehab centers and homeless shelters. The interesting thing about this organization is that the students must work and earn the money for this trip. They must participate in a 5K run/8K walk, pick up trash in the city and county, sell tickets for a dinner/auction and wait tables on the night of this event. Well for some reason, I volunteered to take on the lunch and dinner service this year. A momentary loss of sanity occurred.
We lost some of our funding at the last minute and I was quickly trying to get companies to donate the supplies we needed to prepare the dinner. For the last four days I have been planning and cooking with the help of a few other choir parents. Yesterday was the big event and we served/delivered more lunches than we had in the past. After catching our breath we served dinner before the auction began. I don't know what the total on meals were yet but I suspect we hit the 350 to 400 mark. It was a very long day and attendance was down compared to other years. In the end, goals were met and the Lord multiplied the fish and the loaves at the auction.
Today I woke up stiff and sore. I even took a nap! I hope to be feeling human again by tomorrow and having more time next week to work on projects, as well as blog posts! My thanks go out to the dedicated parents that helped me yesterday and to Karen for making my day with this award!

3 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

horray for the award! :) and a big thank you for all you do to help others! that is just wonderful! may it be a 'good' kind of worn out.

have a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow! love ya! :D

Karen from PA said...

God will surely bless you for your hard work for such a worthy cause. What a great opportunity for your daughter to be involved in...that's so exciting. Thank you for your kind comments and I am so glad the award made your day.

Dru said...

Congrats on your award Paula. Please stop by blog I have another one for you there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin