Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pouch Basket


Today is another basket day! Yes, I made this one about a decade ago and it still looks great. I have seen these referred to as a pouch or a doorknob basket. It is about 7 or 8 inches high with an additional 4 inches in height for the handle. I really enjoy making baskets with handles such as this because they are so versatile. They are also handy for so many things. This one holds dry erase markers, a dry eraser and cleaner for my dry erase board at work. It hangs on the wall right there with the board and hides the unsightly clutter.
The reed was dyed with Rit dye and still holds the dark blue color very well. For some reason, some of the lashing has split. It is easily repaired if I ever take the time to work on it. I have no idea why the first row was woven so that the side stake is on the outside. That just looks a little weird. Maybe it's because I was out of practice when I made this. I don't remember. Anyway, this is the oops in this basket so I kept it for myself.
Happy Crafting!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster said...

Paula,
That basket is as sweet as can be! I also really like the double lashing around the rim.
Blessings,
Nancy
Oh, and don't forget about my blog this Friday!

Becky said...

beautiful basket, love the bow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin