Friday, May 8, 2009

A Tisket A Tasket


I thought it was about time to share some basket weaving information with you. Okay this is a what not to do when you weave lesson. This is a basket from the past that never made it to give as a gift classification because it has a few quirks. The colored reed in this basket was dyed with RIT Dye about nine or ten years ago when I made this. It has held up well over the years and has served as a bedside basket which held pens, nail polish, a book light and such. Later it was used to hold napkins in the kitchen and could be hung on the wall by its handle. The flowers were hand painted by myself with acrylic paint and still look good today! I always kept the baskets that had mistakes in them. This one has a stake that has been pulled in too tight on the right and my painting is not my best work either. It's nice to keep these baskets since they are still very useable. I hope you enjoyed seeing something different today!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster said...

Oh Paula, It looks just beautiful!
Nancy

Barkley's Mommy said...

I love this basket! I've never tried painting a design on any of my baskets, but this picture makes me want to get out my paints and brushes. Thanks for the inspiration!
~~~Anne

Gina said...

Wow, I love the basket and your painted flowers look great. I am hoping to learn to basket weave in the near future.

Jennifer Scull said...

I think you did a lovely job with this no matter what you may say!!! :) pretty flowers that you painted as well.

Scrubbysue said...

well, I think I'd have to get out a magnifying glass to see anything wrong with this beautiful basket! and you MADE this??! wow!! gorgeous! thankyou for showing this off! it defintitely deserves it!

Karen from PA said...

This is beautiful, Paula. Those hand painted flowers are amazing. I don't see anything at all wrong with it, it's perfect to my eyes. I left you something on my blog.

The Wired Angel said...

Paula, this is beautiful and no one would ever know there was a boo-boo. I would love to learn this art. Great job ~ I'm impressed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin