Sunday, June 7, 2009

Birthday Blessings Gate Fold


If you are thinking that I am in birthday mode again, you are correct. It's that time to get my birthday cards finished for the month. First, let me tell you a bit about these new stamps. The happy birthday to you is from the SU! Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set. Everything else you see here is from Blue Ridge Impressions. This is a company that I recently discovered and like very much! When my box of stamps arrived in the mail, I opened it and dumped it out. Do you know what tumbled out of the box? Butterscotch candy! Yep, you gotta love a company that sends treats!!! Garden gate and garden scene are the two stamps that make the shape of this card. Isn't it cool the way the stamps go together? This is made with one continuous sheet of
8 1/2 x 11 inch card stock so you need to get the placement of the stamps situated just right for it to fold correctly. It's not difficult but does need a good eye unless you want to measure it out. Not me, I just eyeballed it!! There is a little gap in the gate but this was the first stamping. The others I did came out just about perfect.


I colored this very similar to how it was done in their catalog. I used Stampin' Up! markers, watercolor crayons and bashful blue ink to create what you see here. Okay you caught me, I used black Stazon also! I think this would be even prettier if it were done in watercolor and not marker. You have not seen the last of these images because I want to play around a bit with them!
Thanks for looking!
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Gina said...

Paula, this is great! I love the gate fold. The way you colored it looks great, but I could see it done in water colors too.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Paula, I'm further impressed with your skills. This is such an awesome card!

NinaB said...

This is stunning, Paula. I've seen gatefold cards everywhere, but yours has that extra special touch of actually being gates. I love it!

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

Oooooh, I really love this card!!! Absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Scrubbysue said...

This is beautiful paula. I really like that gatefold. I tried it once on a card and really liked the results. Maybe I need to do this again. Thanks for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin