Monday, June 1, 2009

Twinkling H2Os /Peace and Comfort


I finally obtained a good photo of a card that has been painted with Twinkling H2Os. I can hardly believe it! The shimmer shows up so well on this card. If you haven't tried this product by Lumin Arte' then get yourself a dozen or so pots of this mica embedded watercolor paint and work with them. If you enjoy watercoloring then you will want to add these paints to your repertoire. Here is how I made the card. First I stamped the image with a Versa mark watermark pad onto watercolor paper. Next I embossed the image with SU! gold embossing powder. Then I went to work with an Aqua Painter using Twinkling H2Os (icy iris, periwinkle, sea glass, douglas fir and olive vine)and a couple of SU! Classic stamp pads (yo yo yellow, pixie pink and creamy caramel). I used a white gell pen to add the dots to the butterfly and a purple gel pen to add the stitch marks and dots to the scallop. The scallop was cut with Bigz scallop circle die from Stampin1 Up! I used naturals ivory CS. I folded the CS in half and placed the paper on the die so that a small portion of the fold would not be cut. and By doing this, a hinge was created for the card to open and close. I cut the circles out with my fiskar system and used lavender lace CS as well as green galore CS. I masked a Stampabilities stamp to get the phrase and stamped it on naturals ivory CS and trimmed it close. I then added lavender lace CS to back the phrase and popped it off the card using dimensionals. It was relatively simple to create yet the shape of the card makes an interesting and different style of card.
Photobucket



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Marcie said...

This is gorgeous!

Karen from PA said...

This is so pretty! I love the gold embossing.

NinaB said...

Beautiful, Paula. I've been in Croatia, what are twinkling H2Ox? Whatever it is, you did a great job using it on your card.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Stunning card! I'm so impressed with this that I want to grab some H20's right now!

Scrubbysue said...

Oooooooooooooooh........this is beautiful!!! I love love love IT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin