Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pink Vellum

Lately I have been making cards with plenty of layers but with less dimension. Why you may ask? Well the postal service wants 64 cents to mail a dimensional card and a lot of people don't want to pay extra postage. So I have been trying to figure out how to make pretty cards that can be mailed for 44 cents. I began with white card stock and added pink designer paper and embossed pink vellum. Next I added the car touche and sentiment. Still too plain so I made a belly band with white paper and pink vellum. You can't see it but the band has been stamped with white ink and it looks very crisp and feminine. This is one of those cards that you need to see In Real Life because the photo just doesn't do it justice! I hope the birthday recipient enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Karen from PA said...

This is so beautiful, Paula. so pretty and feminine.

Jennifer Scull said...

your card is so soft and lovely! the band is a nice touch! :) I'm sure you made someone's birthday quite special indeed!

Shannon McGann said...

This is beautiful! The Manhattan Flower embossing folder works so well with vellum! I haven't tried that yet, but I will be! Thanks for the inspiration!

Scrubbysue said...

I think it looks lovely paula! I'm sure it will be cherished. I hope your enjoying your wknd. :)

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the soft colors you used.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin