Sunday, September 6, 2009

Grape and Paisley

Yes, I know this is not the best angle to view this card but there is just too much shiny glare when I photograph this the proper way. I don't want to blind anyone and this angle showed some glitz without needing sunglasses! The blog police might ticket me for to much glitz or something!
I have only used this grape stamp a few times and each time I like it more and more! It is an old Stampa Rosa stamp and I used silver embossing powder with it and it really looks like stained glass! I think I might make a whole lot of this one because it's just so pretty.
I used my twinkling H2Os and my Pearl Ex watercolor paint that I made up with gum arabic, water and pearl ex powder. If you click on the pic you can see the shine a bit better. What do you think?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Gina said...

Beautiful Paula! I have a couple of stained glass stamps and hadn't thought to use silver embossing powder, normally I use black. I love the look you got with that though and am going to have to try that. I know what you mean about photographing pictures with lots of shine, I always end up with an odd angle too.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Wow paula...this is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about it. I'm with you too..I love stained glass. It's so elegant!

Karen from PA said...

This is beautiful, Paula! I can't get over how much it looks like the real thing. Awesome job!

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the silver ep for the stained glass. It does look so real. I'm going to have to try your "homemade" paint. It certainly gives a beautiful look! Fantastic card!

Jennifer Scull said...

this is just jaw-droppin' gorgeous! you did an amazing job!!! love it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin