Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fall Still Life Gift Bag

I have never gotten into the digi stamp craze because I haven't figured out how to watercolor these images without smears and smudges. I don't own alcohol ink markers so it has been sort of a lost cause for me until I found this free digital image at the Paper Garden Projects Blog last week. I really liked this image for fall and it is definitely different from all of the Jack O' Lantern images that flood blog pages this time of year. I decided to give it a shot and see what I could do with this. I printed the image on SU! Whisper White CS and then heat set it with my embossing gun. Then I tried my hand at coloring with my SU! markers. I know you are thinking that I don't use markers very much and you're right! I'm so hooked on watercolor that I rarely give my markers a second glance. I stepped out of my comfort zone and this was the result. It turned out well as an experiment and I did sneak in a few strokes with my brayer! LOL! Did you really think I could pass up an image like this and not use a brayer? Yeah, right!
I used the digi image on this gift bag and made a matching card. Doesn't that DP just put you in the mood for a brisk walk and a cup of hot cider? I hear the rustling of leaves on the pavement outside. It must be time for my walk with my walking partner. I can smell leaves burning in the crisp fall air. I'll be back later to sip a little cider and read some of your creative blogs. Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster said...

That is so pretty. Who wouldn't love to get a gift in such a beautiful package.
Nancy

Angella D. Crockett said...

Love your bag and tag! (Ha, sounds funny....bag it and tag it!! Like a deer or somethin'!) Anyhoo...your coloring is awesome...gorgeous color choices too!! God Bless!

Vicki said...

Hey Paula! You did an awesome job on this project! I'm still working with Prismas! This is just beautiful! Blessings to you!

Karin said...

Great job coloring...it's beautiful!

Gina said...

Wow your colors are great, very appropriate for what I am seeing out my windows right now. Your leaves are really cute too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin