Thursday, November 5, 2009

Creative Space

First a story and then I'll tell you about some wonderful creative spaces that I have seen out in blog land!
A few weeks ago, I asked prince charming if he would make sure the leaf blower was running properly because last year I couldn't even start the thing. You see it hadn't been used for about five years and prince charming left fuel in it all of that time. To make a long story short, I used my Dad's leaf blower last season and wanted to be ready for fall this year. I heard our leaf blower start up this past Saturday. Yeah, I thought. The old boy gave the leaf blower a tune up and I was set for the season. Nope! That would be too easy! I went out the other day to clean the yard up and I can't get the leaf blower to start. Rats! I call prince charming at work and ask him why it wouldn't start and he tells me... "it's a delicate procedure to get that little engine started." I'm thinking..... right, it wasn't a problem to start it the first 3 or 4 years I used it! I follow his directions and nothing! I remove the cover to the filter and it's a gummy mess. I clean the filter as I'm thinking.... some tune up! Then I notice that the tube that feeds fuel to the choke is gummed up and busted. Hmmm...... Do you get the picture that the leaf blower didn't get a tune up? I marched into the house and call prince charming again! By now I'm really agitated because I have tried 2o or so times to start the thing and in the process I bruised my hand. I tell the old boy not to come home until he has a new leaf blower in hand when he walks through the door! I don't have time to fool with waiting on getting the old one repaired this season. It's too late for that. No telling how many weeks it would be before I would get it back. Several weeks ago I did mention that it would be a good idea to have it worked on, if he wasn't going to do it. I need to unearth the front yard while there is still hope!!! By theway, in case you are wondering, prince charming picked up a new leaf blower that evening. Gotta love a man who buys his wife power tools! Now I can finish my yard work!


It has been a long time since I have shared anything that I find when I am out on the web surfing for inspiration. Come on with me and take at look at what I found. I would like for you to get inspired by some beautiful craft spaces that I have seen recently on the web. First take a trip to Jennifer McGuire's blog and look at her professional workspace created over time on a budget. The storage solutions all go together quite well but were purchased from several different places. Love the Ikea drawers! Gotta get me some of those the next trip I go to Ohio.
Next travel to Kelli Crowe's space to see how a home school mom organizes her space. These are really pleasant spaces so I thought you might get a few ideas for your own space. Enjoy!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

LOL....what a funny story. Thanks for the links! I'll check them out. Have a great wknd my friend. :)

Gina said...

Those were some great crafting spaces, I made my hubby look at them too. He now thinks my supplies are manageable, so thanks for sharing!

glad you have a working leaf blower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin