Saturday, December 5, 2009

Box O' Chocolates


This is a 6 ounce almond can from Blue Diamond Almonds that I reused for my Secret Angel. I needed a box that could hold some wrapped chocolate candy and this fit the bill perfectly. Let me begin by saying that I used Tacky Tape to adhere the paper to the can and to the plastic lid. That stuff works great!
All materials are from SU! except for the Pearl embossing powder and the vellum paper on the lid. Now you are wondering where those products came from and it's not so simple. The embossing powder was given to me and was not in the original container. I suspect that it might be ultra fine powder from Ranger. The vellum was cut several years ago from a pack I used up long ago except for some of these cut outs. Any light weight vellum would work just fine. I stamped the skaters and colored them with markers. Then I clear embossed over the image so I could stamp the tree images. A bit of sponging and brayering made quick work of the background. Add a little glitter and white gel pen for highlights and voila! A lowly tin is transformed into a simple gift box! Ihope this inspires you to pull out some alterable items and go to work.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

WOW! this turned out beautifully! and I love the snowmen too. Have a great sunday paula!

Gina said...

What a fantastic idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin