Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mini Magnets

A few weeks ago I began experimenting with stamping on tumbled tile and this photo is a sample of what I came up with. I have purchased some larger square tiles that I would like to stamp as coasters, but thought it wise to start with these little babies to see how everything worked out before investing in the more expensive coaster tiles. I used Stazon ink in various colors to create these magnets and was pleased with the results. I purchased a one square foot sheet of tiles at a big box home improvement store for about $10. I looked for a sheet that contained a lot of smooth tiles.  The greater the bubbles and flaws in a tile means there is less chance of stamping a clear impression.  When dealing with tile this small, it makes a big difference in the quality of the finished product. Several tiles on my sheet have too many flaws for stamping a good impression, so I will use those for other projects. The sides of the tile was also stamped with a border.  It isn't easy to see in this photo but this step finished the project off very nicely. This was such a quick and easy project that  looks great! After stamping, I glued a heavy magnet  to the back with E6000.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Ingenious!

Gina said...

Wow, these are great, can't believe this was a new project for you, they look amazing! I love that one in the middle.

Karen from PA said...

These are great, Paula. I love the images you used.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin