Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh Mini Christmas Tree

Isn't this little tree adorable? I picked it up at a craft store and decided to decorate it for my Secret Angel exchange over at SCS Wish RAK. The rim of the pot was striped in red and white so I sanded it and repainted it. Then I embossed on the rim and the pot base. I used a bit of glitter and sealed it with a clear sealer. My Secret Angel has decorated her home with jewel tones so I found these cute little glass mini jewel toned ornaments. I then made some mini paper ornaments to go with the glass and added these icicle ornaments. A bit of gold ribbon loops here and there made a wonderful little garland. It finished things off except for the tree top.

I couldn't find an angel to fit the top that was the right proportion and that would stay balanced up there. In fact I didn't find a star or anything that would look right as a tree top! This was the most difficult part of the project. I resorted to taking a piece of chipboard and inking it up in Handsome Hunter and sealing it with crystal effects. The chipboard was a flower design with an open center so I just placed it over the top of the tree and fit well. Next I glued down the glass angel with crystal effects to the top of the chipboard. Then I used a bit of mini leaf and pine cone garland ribbon to drape around the base of the angel. It turned out well and is now stable enough to sit at the top of the tree.
We were supposed to include mistletoe in our swap and I had a terrible time finding something that would work and looked pretty. I finally found a few mistletoe picks at a craft store. Then I had to figure out a way to incorporate it into one of the projects that I made. After a bit of thinking, I decided to use it with this tree. I took a few of the tips off of the pick and glued them at the base of the tree. I hope my Angel likes it. Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. before you ask about the paper ornaments, the answer is yes! They took a long time to make. Especially the itty bitty ones! I used the boho blossom punch with the snow flake images in the Christmas Punch set from SU! I used my glue pad to stamp the image and then sprinkles glitter over the images.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Cindy said...

What an absolutley beautiful Christmas Tree!! Your Secret Angel will just love it!!

Amber said...

Love the tree! It's beautiful!

Gina said...

What a great gift, not only is it gorgeous, but you can tell you have added lots of personal touches and spent some time pulling it all together.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie said...

Your tree is lovely, I'm sure your Secret Angel will love it. Was thinking of you and just thought I'd pop in and say hello and God bless, hadn't seen you around on the boards at CPC for awhile. Blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin