Friday, December 18, 2009

Purse Notes


 Today's post is all about creating a small quick gift to keep on hand.  Maybe you  need a hostess gift when you attend a Christmas party or you may need an inexpensive gift to give to coworkers. I think this project would fill those needs quite nicely!


This is a mini  composition note book with a mini gel pen. It fits into my purse and is about the same size as my PDA. The directions are as follows:
1. Stamp main image on SU! smooth Very Vanilla card stock with brown Stazon ink.
2. Mask the main image and stamp over with a background script. I used the retired French Script stamp from SU!
3. Remove mask and heat set for a minute with a heat gun to dry the ink.
4. Color main image with vibrant colors.  Any ink will do.  I used pigment ink and heat set the image so it would dry more quickly.  I didn't want to wait overnight and I didn't want to smear the image so the heat gun speeds up the process.
5. With alphabet stamps, create the word notes as the bottom.
6. Cut the image to the correct size so that the card stock will cover the entire front of the book. Sponge around the main image and around the edges of the paper with a lighter brown ink.  I believe that I used SU! Creamy Caramel. Sponge a wider swath along the left side because you will cover part of it with black paper along the spine of the book.
7. Cut a piece of Vanilla card stock for the back. Stamp with a background stamp and sponge the edges.
8.  Glue the front and back to the book and then trim the rounded corners to fit the book.
9. Cut black card stock to make the spine and cut slits so that ribbon will fit through. Slip the ribbon through the new spine and glue the ends down so that the spine will cover the raw edges. Next, glue the spine to the book. I leave the pen in the ribbon as I glue it down so that it is the right size.

That was the quick version so if you have additional questions, feel free to ask. I forgot to mention earlier that this would also make a nice gift to tuck into a small basket with some chewing gum, travel pack of tissue and a candy bar for someone in the hospital. 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Becky said...

What a great idea, and this came out wonderful.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi paula! wow! this is so pretty!! your always so creative. :) I wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday season. *hugs*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin