Thursday, December 3, 2009

Repurposed box for Gift Cards

Hello crafters! I have been very busy in the craft room gearing up for Christmas. I would have posted some projects sooner but I have had the pleasure of enjoying visits from family and friends. Those special visits are always bonus at holiday time so I took some time out to enjoy seeing everyone. One of those recent visitors was my college buddy from Ohio State. She gave me these blue containers back in July when I was in Ohio visiting with her. She knows I work with a lot of crafts and asked me if I could use them. I thought that I could do something with them so I stashed them in a drawer. You know the drawer I'm talking about don't you? The one that is overflowing with items waiting to be altered! It's so full that something always get stuck during mid pull of trying to open the drawer. Yes, I thought you had one too!
Do you have any idea what these little babies housed during their first life? The boxes are about 3 by 3 1/4 inches in size. They are about 1/2 an inch thick and have a flip top. Did you figure it out yet? I never would have guessed it either. Three pills for migraine headaches come in the boxes. Who would have thunk that I would be using them this Christmas to house gift certificates and gift cards?
This one was made as part of a box of gifts for my secret angel over at SCS Wish RAK. I hope she likes it! I used SU! Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue and Brilliant Blue ink with the Christmas Punch Stamp set. It was simple and easy!
I hope you can drop in often. I have a lot of holiday things to show you. Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I've been wanting to repurpose an old tool box for my crafts.
Keep warm today!
Nancy

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster said...

One more thing...Did you have any trouble adhearing the paper to the plastic. I've had trouble with that in the past. What adheasive did you use.
Thanks,
Nancy

Becky said...

What a great idea!! and an awesome gift.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin