Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Decor 2009


Some of you have been asking me how I decorated the house for Christmas this year. While I don't wish to publish that much personal information on the internet, I will show you a few pics of the entry hall. This is the view upon entering the front door. The tree is nearly six feet tall and it is skinny because I wanted a tabletop tree for this room. This is the live tree that we cut at the tree farm in early December and I placed it on a library table. Most of the decorations were items I already had or that I purchased after Christmas 2008 at rock bottom prices. I assembled the tree, the door garland and the stair garland with swag over a period of about two days. I ran short on burgundy and gold ornaments so I made some paper ones for the tree. You can see them if you look closely. I used my Nestabilities labels 4 die cuts and went to town with gold ink. They turned out beautifully and if you don't mind, I'll show you more about those in a future post. The tree skirt is a tablecloth that I just wrapped at the base of the tree.
The stair swag and garland contains glass burgundy ornaments, Glass angel ornaments, gold berries, burgundy Peonies, gold hydrangea, burgundy velvet ribbon and gold ribbon. Thanks for stopping by. Stay warm and have fun crafting!


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rondell said...

Ooh girl that look fancy! I'd be afeared to touch anything in your house! LOL.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin