Friday, January 22, 2010

Spellbinders Christmas ornaments

Earlier this month I showed you the Christmas tree in our entry hall and told you that I made some paper ornaments to go on that tree.  I also made some ornaments to give as gifts to visitors who were here over the Christmas season.  This ornament was made using the Nestabilities Labels 4 die cut set. I cut seven labels out with my Cuttlebug using SU! Handsome Hunter card stock. Then I used silver Encore ink to stamp the scroll pattern from the SU! Baroque Motifs stamp set. I finished it off using a silver paint pen to border each shape. Next, I scored each die cut down the center and then folded them in half. I glued each one of them back to back. Before I glued the last one, I added the silver cord with the glass bead at the top and a pearl headed straight pin on the bottom that had a few glass beads added to it for interest.
This ornament was made the same way but I folded the die cuts down the center the opposite way as the first ornament and used gold ink on SU! Bravo Burgundy card stock. The hanger was a piece of brass wire.
I thought I was finished using the mystery paper from my October/November 2009 blog posts for a long while. I couldn't resist reaching for this inexpensive and wonderful paper when my daughter needed a few ornaments for her tree which is done in a blue, silver and white color theme. I cut out the pieces and then ran them through my Cuttlebug using the Devine Swirls embossing folder. They were so easy to make!
This last ornament was made using SU! Bravo Burgundy card stock with gold ink and the Chintz Background stamp from Me and Carrie Lou. Why don't you give it a try? I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster said...

Oh Paula, Those are stunning.
Thank you for sharing them!!!
Nancy

Becky said...

Paula, these are stunning, the colors are gorgeous.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

These are wonderful paula! I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin