Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MIA Update

I thought this would be a good time to catch my breath and give you a little insight into the recent activity in our household.  DD has been playing 3 or 4 basketball games each week for the past 3 or 4 weeks to finish up the season and that has taken a bite out of time.  Many times the schools we travel to for games are one or two hours away so a simple game requires 5 to 8 hours of time! Now we are into tournament and regional games. Friday we may need to travel 3 hours one way for the game. Yikes!
I also took a week to visit my sister in Ohio. She had rotator cuff surgery right before my uncle passed away so I finally made it there for a visit. Her 6 weeks of time off from work will end this week.  I was really cutting it close wasn't I? We spent several days watching it snow, snow and snow some more while we were house bound for a few days! It was nice but I was glad to get back home to a milder climate with less snow! One of the wonderful things about visiting with her is that Marco's Paper is also close at hand! The bad news is that with all of the bad weather I didn't actually get there this trip. I got really close but didn't make it inside the door.  There were too many other new places to go and if I really need something, I can ask my sister to pick it up and bring it down when she visits. We usually see her every 2 or 3 months. I am stocked up right now anyway. 
Now let's talk about the places that I did get to.  I finally went to Jungle Jim's.  This is a grocery store that has everything!  I mean everything!  The produce comes in from all over the world and it is a foodie's delight!  They have even been featured on the food channel!  All I'm saying is that we are going to be eating some excellent Thai curry and wonderful cheeses thanks to this grocery.  I  also stopped in at The Container Store and Ikea while I was away.  I picked up a few things for the craft studio and started planning for my new space.  The studio will move into some space we have on the second floor of the carriage house once it undergoes a major renovation. We are in the early stages but I think I could be in the space by this time next year if all goes well. It never hurts to plan ahead.
Now that I am back home, I am trying to catch up on things. I was only able to access email and my blog once while I was away so clearing out all of that mail has taken a bite out of time! My husband says I get way to many messages.  I think he is right so I am trying to cut some of that out too!  That's about it for today.  I'll be back soon with some crafty goodness to share with you!


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin