Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Secret Leprechaun box

Are you wondering what the heck a Secret Leprechaun box is used for? Some of the gals at Splitcoast Stampers Wish RAK forum are participating in a secret Leprechaun exchange. Remember the secret Angel exchange that I participated in at Christmas? Well it's the same sort of thing only the theme is based around St. Patrick's Day.

I took this heavy duty shoe box that has a finger hole in the front of the box and decorated it with photos from Ireland. I have a ton of photos from a trip I took a few years ago so I printed a bunch of them off onto standard printer paper. I applied them to the box with Mod Podge and then coated the box with several layers of Mod Podge to seal the photos.
I am happy with the results and wouldn't mind making a box like this for myself. That means that I would have to purchase another pair of Italian shoemaker shoes to get another nifty box like this. Hmmm....... I am beginning to like this idea! LOL! There are photos taken from all over Ireland on this box and memories of each and every place. What a nifty gift to house all of the scrapping goodies that I am sending.
I'll have a few more altered items that will go into this box and will show them to you in the coming days. BTW, I use boxes of this size (photo storage boxes) to house my clear stamps. I stick them onto heavy clear plastic sheets cut to the proper size that will fit the box and I also stamp the images onto card stock and place the card behind each clear sheet.  This way I can tell which sheet a particular stamp was taken from and put it back in the proper place.

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gina said...

This is just fabulous! I love that you were able to use your own photos for this too. LOVE IT!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin