Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Conversation in the Park


I recently purchased some stamps from a new stamp company who sells unmounted rubber.  You can find them here if you need a garden gate 2029,2013 bird bath, 4548 grass,4509 juniper shrub or 4000 women on a bench as I have used on this card. They sell lots and lots of vintage images. When I saw these stamps I immediately thought about an old Victorian public park with a massive cast iron gate.  You know the kind that used to be built in large cities at the end of a trolley line?  The type where you would spend your Saturday afternoons. The women are decked out in vintage clothing from pre WW II.  The hat reminds me of Olivia's hat on the TV show 'The Waltons'. Did I just date myself!
I used a brayer to create the sky and did a lot of sponging to create the path. The gate was stamped with watermark and black ink. The bulk of the work was created on one sheet of card stock and the bird bath was masked to make it look like it is in the foreground. The gals on the bench were stamped, cut out and popped off the page with dimensional dots. Forgive me fornot introducing you to these ladies.  They are Kelly and Trina. Don't you just want to know what they are chatting about? I sure do!
Have a great day and let me know if I can answer any questions about this card. Don't forget to leave a comment!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wow, what intricate work! This must have taken aaaages, to produce something so detailed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin