Monday, March 1, 2010

How to Make Your Own Shimmer Spray Like Glimmer Mist

Learn how to make your own Shimmer Spray.  Just watch this and then read the info about gum arabic.
">
Gum Arabic comes from the non toxic sap of the African  Acacia tree.  It is used as a binder in food products such as food coloring, soda, jelly beans and even the lowly old fashion postage stamp that requires moisture to stick.  It is also used as a binder with water colors.  You may find it in liquid or powder form.  I used the liquid but if I had the powder and it was ground fine enough, I could put it in my Pearl Ex powders and get similar results as the Ranger Perfect Pearls.  I have read that a 4:1 ratio works well for water colors so I may need to experiment a bit and add more to my shimmer mixture.  Don't worry if you have the liquid form of Gum Arabic and it begins to dry and get crusty.  It will soften and become liquid again when mixed with water.  If you learned something new today, or if this video was helpful, please let me know. Have a great day!

Photobucket


1 comment:

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

What a great video. I can't wait to make some. I also became a follower and look forward to seeing more of your blog.

BrendaLea
http://prpldy15.blogspot.com/
prpldy (at) comcast dot net

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin