Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tina's Note Book


I have been creating a lot of items lately!  So much so that I have a back log of things to show you.  In fact this piece was created last month for the Secret Leprechaun exchange at SCS. I made this as an altered item for Tackertwosome (Tina).  Her favorite color is purple so I put this together as my first attempt at using my Bind It All.  If you haven't seen this product in action, check out this video.  Nope, I don't work for the company but I do like this tool a great deal. It is a sturdy tool that should last for a very long time.
As you can see, I did not add a lot of dimension to the front of this piece. I thought it was the perfect size for tucking down in a purse and too many things sticking out of the front would be a problem in a purse.  Okay, I know I got a little happy with the bling. I don't know what came over me!  I just kept adding more! Crystal Effects was used on the initial and to adhere the bling to the cover. The metal corners I picked up while in Ireland a few years ago and the embossed metal behind the initial came from our home renovation. Nothing like recycling trash now is there?  I found this long strip of aluminum on the ground one day last fall.  The contractor made some new flashing and this was the part that he cut away.  I thought is was pliable enough that it might work in my die cut machine.  You got it, that's a cuttle bug embossing folder that I used.
Pearls- Martha Stewart
Stamps were Anna Griffin, Just Rite and The Paper Studio
Paper and Ink- SU!
Ribbon-Offray and Michaels dollar bin
Mini Gel Pen- Michaels
Homemade Glimmer Mist

Enjoy and don't forget to leave a comment!

Photobucket

7 comments:

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

Hi Paula,

Thanks for stopping by. Couldn't find your e-mail addy. I love the note book...what a great gift.

I found a video of yours via a link that one of my Fiskateers left on the Fiskateer message board. From th3re I came to your blog and loved what I saw.

That's how I found you.

Not sure if you noticed, but I have some giveaways on my blog right now...well for the next 13 days. Please enter,,,, there is all sorts of items to win.

BrendaLea
prpldy (at) comcast dot net

Marlene said...

I love it, great way to re-use material. The Bind It All is on my "need to get" list. I've only been to 2 crops and I saw it in action. I agree it's great.
Love the little loops you made to hold the pen, just great!
xxx
Marlene

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Fabulous project! Love those colors!

Cheryl said...

Very lovely!

Loretta Rodger said...

This is so really pretty! I love the use of the ribbon on the bottom to hold a pen. I have a die that I'm thinking of turning upside down and doing this with. Great idea. Thanks for sharing wiht us, love your great blog,I'm always inspired when I visit!

Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster said...

That turned out great! I had been wanting a bind it all, but I settled for a binder from the office supply store that uses those little plastic binders (you've seen them for cookbooks)
Have a blessed Sunday,
Nancy

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This is beautiful! I love the color purple. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin