Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Vintage Flourish Birthday

Hello everyone! Don't forget to enter the drawing to win a mini scrap kit.  You have until Wednesday to enter. Just go to my previous post for the details!
 I am ahead on the Birthday cards for next month so I'll show it to you now instead of later. I have been wanting to get back to doing vintage and heirloom work for quite some time and I was finally able to carve a bit of time to do just that. The background paper began its life as a piece of 10x7 inch ivory card stock that came in a package of 50 blank cards with matching envies from the craft store. The label tells me that it was manufactured from recycled paper but does not tell me who actually manufactured the product. : ( I sprayed this paper with my homemade gold glimmer mist and dried it with my heat gun.  Next I placed a paper doily randomly on the paper and spritzed it with my green glimmer mist. Dried it with my heat gun again and sponged SU! Perfect Plum ink around the edges and randomly across the paper. I used my Autumn Leaves scroll stamp and gold embossing powder to decorate the edges. I took a 2 inch wide strip of SU! Elegant Eggplant CS and stamped the edges with gold Encore ink with the same scroll stamp. I then cut a vanilla strip of CS about 1 3/4 inches wide and punched it with my Martha Stewart Scallop punch on both edges. Take a SU! Creamy Caramel ink pad and sponge the edges to distress it and bend the scallops up to give the paper dimension. I spritzed this with my gold glimmer mist and let things dry. The ribbon is old and from my stash of offray ribbons.
The Happy Birthday was stamped onto vanilla CS using a set from Stampin' Up! and I think this set is now retired. Punch out and adhered to another SU! punched tag made from Handsome Hunter CS which was stamped with the same gold ink and stamp mentioned earlier in this post. The tag was adhered with pop dots and a linen thread was added.
The flower was made from silk flowers purchases at Joann Fabrics.  I inked them up and applied lots of glitter glue! I stacked them using a brad in the center and glued it down. The leaf die is a cutting and embossing die from SU!
The next thing to do is cut out the oval using a nestabilities die. The bleeding heart image came from a Flourishes set called Spring Ephemerals collection 1, set #28. It was stamped onto smooth vanilla card stock with SU! Chocolate Chip Ink while the die was left in place as a stencil.  SU! Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip was sponged around the edge. Remove the stencil and paint the outside border with a gold paint pen.  Add gold glitter glue and set aside to dry.
Cut out scallop circle using Nestabilities and pierce with a piercing tool.  Use Elegant Eggplant CS from SU! Next cut out the Green label using Handsome Hunter CS and the Labels 4 Nestabilities die. Mount the scallop with dimensional tape onto the Labels 4 image.

Mount everything onto SU! Handsome Hunter CS. Add a sentiment on the inside and sign the back.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Such a nice card,dear Paula,it is awesome,i looooooove it a lot
How are you??
Warm hugs
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lorraine said...

beautiful card love the colours and layering

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin