Monday, April 5, 2010

Fern Pot Journal Cover


I created this journal cover a few weeks ago while I was experimenting with the new Scrolls Work Stamps I purchased. I made this to enter the March card sketch challenge over at Rubber Stamp Chat. I created the background using black Stazon, silver Encore and Posh Rainbow white pearl ink.  I placed a drop of each color of ink on my Tim Holtz alcohol ink blending tool and started pouncing away.  Then I added a few drops of denatured alcohol to my blending tool and pounced some more. Voila, instant background! Okay, maybe not instant because you do have to wait for the inks to dry and that takes a while.  It was cold and rainy when I did this and it took forever for it to dry. Give yourself at least 24 hours for the ink to dry well.
I cut the black card stock rectangles. Then I stamped them with white Stazon ink using the Ginko leaves stamp. It sounds pretty easy so far doesn't it?  Just wait, it gets even easier. Stamp the fern pot and journal  with black Stazon ink and make sure you stamp onto glossy white card stock. Now assemble the parts and add a bit of ribbon and a brad.  Just cut the arms off of the brad and glue it down with Crystal Effects or Glossy Accents.   Do the same thing with the corner brads and you are almost done!  I don't show it in this photo but I would place this on chip board which has been covered in black card stock or a black and white print.  Run this through the Bind It All and assemble the journal by adding paper and a back. This is just a quick, clean and easy project. Give it a try!
Scrolls Work Stamps used- 1408 Book Words, 4547 Ginko and 4512 Fern Pot.
Have a blessed day!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Damaris said...

Ohhh, that looks pretty cool. It looks like marble. That stamp is fantastic! Thanks for the 411. :)
Hugs,
ME

Lorraine said...

lovely card nice stamping hope you had a good Easter

Karin said...

This is fantastic...and I love that stamp! Off to watch your video.

joanne wardle said...

that's lovely! so very stylish!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin