Saturday, April 24, 2010

Poppy Birthday

Hey everyone! This is my card for May birthdays at Splitcoast Stampers Wish RAK. The stamps I used were  for my design team work at Scrolls Work. Look here for the Poppy stamp it is #4543 and here for the sentiment.  The sentiment is #1601 and called Personal Holidays. I used a card sketch from the Tuesday challenge over at Christian Paper  Crafts to complete this project.This is a large 5 x 7 inch card so there is plenty of room the right a note on the inside.  I began by stamping the poppy image with Timber brown Stazon ink and masked the image.  Then I brayerd the yellow and orange background sky. The sentiment was brayered the same way. I colored the image with water based  Stampin' Up! markers and added a little Crystal effects to the center of the poppy and to the sentiment. Gold glitter was then added to the frame of the image. You know I have to get a bit of bling in there somewhere! I made green background paper with my Paisley Cuttle Bug folder and edged it with the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Punch. The Fleur De Lis background paper was created with home made pink, green and gold glimmer mist.
If you have any questions or comments. I would be glad to hear them!
Have a great day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful, love the shimmery paper.

Karin said...

This is lovely...You did that poppy stamp proud! I love your used of border punches as well!

Lorraine said...

this is a lovely card with all the layers..that stamp is lovely

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin