Friday, May 21, 2010

Bird Cage Tag


I took a #8 shipping tag and added gold, blue and green home made glimmer mist as a base. With the use of a cricut, the bird, leaves and bird cage were cut out. This bird cage is thin chipboard which has been heat embossed with black embossing powder.  I wanted the cage to have a cast iron feel. The flower was punched with the SU! round scallop punch. I used an old college literature book and added pink home made glimmer mist. I cut the scallop toward the center every two scallops and then I twisted each of these with a pair of tweezers. The bottom layer is a scallop that has been cut but not twisted and then I added two layers of the twisted scallops to make this flower.  I added beads for the center and mini pink bead strands to create the flourishes for a bit of movement. I finished it off with fiber from my stash. 
The bird cage was an svg file that I downloaded from Dan's site. He offers a free file every week. 
Have a great day and be blessed!

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin