Saturday, May 8, 2010

Just a Vintage Note

I whipped out my Bind it All to make up these quick note pads.  I began with a piece of vanilla card stock and stamped it with Stazon ink to make this paper.  All of the stamps were from Scrolls Work Stamps.  The flower was made using the SU! round scallop punch and some pages from a used college English Literature book. A little home made glimmer mist here and a little there with some cutting and twisting of petals becomes this grungy flower. A small flower punch from Paper Shapers and a pearl complete the flower center. Add a bit of sponging and that is about it.


I made this pad as a small address book and added some tabs to some of the pages using the SU! round tab punch. I then added some crackle accent on the pen to give a bit of sparkle to both of the books.  This book was also coated in Mod Podge before decorating the front for added durability.
The inside is just a stack of index cards that were punched and bound.
Stamps Used
Trunk 3028
Historic Postage 3036
Pen 3005
Journal Kit 3071
Background Words 7105
It was a quick and easy project to make!
Photobucket



4 comments:

Karin said...

This is so clever and useful! I love that flower which is perfect with the embossed leaves! I'm seeing these flowers all over blog land lately :)

joanne wardle said...

love your flower, this is a great piece

Carolyn said...

Hi Paula. I'm catching up today on viewing art on some of my favorite blogs. Your Mothers Day card is just gorgeous.

I also like this project and the fact that you share so many techniques on your blog. Very well done.

Lorraine said...

lovely book like that flower

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin